Angela Merkel WON’T accept responsibility for Berlin attacks After ’Open Door Migrant Policy’

Angela Merkel WON’T take responsibility for Berlin attacks after open door migrant policy

Express.co.uk REPORTS
Following the deadly Berlin terror attack on Monday evening, the Chancellor’s leadership has been called into question.

Berlin police are still chasing a suspected armed perpetrator, after a lorry was driven into a crowded Christmas market, killing 12 and injuring dozens more.

Mrs Merkel was widely criticised after she allowed one million migrants, many of whom were unvetted, into Germany in 2015.

Stefan Kornelius, who wrote ‘The Chancellor and Her World’ in 2013, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that Mrs Merkel won’t solely blame her immigration policy for the terrorist attack.

“I don’t think she will feel that personally she is responsible for the Berlin terror attack” Stefan Kornelius

“I don’t think she will feel that personally – she would definitely say terrorism can come from all sides of this new environment. We can see it from migrants – there’s a lot of homegrown terrorism.”

Mr Kornelius continued: “I don’t think you can draw a direct line from the huge number of people coming in within half a year in 2015.

“However Angela Merkel a couple of times said she regrets not having acted much earlier on the refugee crisis because definitely, it changes a society very much if you allow one million people into the country in one year.”

Speaking the day after the attack Mrs Merkel said: “It would be a very difficult for us to learn that a human being committed this deed who came to Germany to ask for refugee and asylum.”

German ministers have turned on her with even members of her own party pinning blame on her for the attack.

In an attack on the Chancellor’s open-door refugee policy, Klaus Bouillon of Mrs Merkel’s CDU party told Saarland radio: “We must state that we are in a state of war, although some people who want to see only the good can not see.”

Mr Bouillon announced intensified security measures amid fears of further attacks, he added: “We will take it wherever we think it is necessary.



Please, Follow "The American First" On Facebook

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *